If you live in New Jersey, call the NJ Office of Consumer Protection at 973-504-6200 to check on the complaint history of a business or to file a complaint against a
Since 2009, our website has featured a page titled Know the Law where we highlight
State and Federal regulations governing NJ home improvement contractors. We also provide you with related links and phone numbers. Please visit our Know the Law page before you leave our web site.
More helpful links:
- For information about hiring Home Improvement Contractors, read the consumer brief prepared by the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs: View page
- To visit the Official State of New Jersey Disaster Assistance Page: View page.
- For hurricane information from the Environmental Protection Agencey View page
- To learn about low-interest SBA Disaster Loans: View page
- To register NJ residents with Special Needs to aid first responders in future emergencies and disasters: View page
On October 1, 2014, the law requiring home elevation contractors to register with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, became effective. For more information visit
the NJ Department of Consumer Affairs Home Improvement Contractor page at www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/HIC
If you wish to donate time, money and supplies, follow the link to a comprehesive listing of agencies, religious organizations, and more: